Thursday, November 18, 2010
Lesson 4: Making Baby
00:09:37,741 --> 00:09:39,115
shuāng bāo tāi guài ne
Twins strange QP
Having twins is strange.
00:09:39,366 --> 00:09:41,449
yī gè lā shǐ lìng yī gè yě xiǎng lā
One craps the other also want to crap
They both go potty at the same time.
00:09:43,325 --> 00:09:46,282
fāng dēng kè guā zǐ kè dà tóu fāng dá yě kè dà tóu
Fand Deng crack melon seeds crack big head Fang Da also cracks big head
If one snacks on sunflower seeds, so will the other.
00:09:47,033 --> 00:09:48,699
liǎng rén shéi yě méi gēn shéi xué
both of them who also didn't with who learn
They're not imitating each another.
00:09:49,033 --> 00:09:50,157
zhēn yǒu yì sī
It's really interesting.
00:09:50,741 --> 00:09:52,032
nǐ yuè shuō yuè shén le
the more you say the more fascinating PCA
00:09:53,658 --> 00:09:55,157
tā liǎng hái shì gū dān le diǎn
both of them still lonely PCA a little
They're still a bit lonely.
00:09:55,325 --> 00:09:56,615
zài wài tóu shòu rén qī fù
Outside, subject to bullying
Other kids pick on them.
00:09:57,825 --> 00:09:59,324
really think again want one MW
zhēn xiǎng zài yào yī gè
I really want one more.
00:09:59,825 --> 00:10:00,824
you still dare again want
nǐ hái gǎn zài yào
00:10:01,075 --> 00:10:02,199
grunt of approval
00:10:03,158 --> 00:10:05,240
shàng huí shēng tā liǎng méi bǎ rén xià sǐ
last time give birth to them didn't BCM people scared to death
We were scared to death when you had the twins.
00:10:05,408 --> 00:10:06,115
nǐ hái yào
you still want
You want to do it again.
00:10:06,283 --> 00:10:07,657
nà yǒu shén me bù gǎn de
then have what don't dare PAS
Sure, why not.
00:10:08,158 --> 00:10:09,657
kě xī huái bù shàng le
too bad pregnant not on PCA
Too bad I can't get pregnant.
00:10:10,533 --> 00:10:12,907
wǒ xiàn zài yǒu yī ér yī nǚ wǒ jiù hěn zhī zú le
I now have one son one daughter I just very content PCA
I'm happy with one son and one daughter.
00:10:13,825 --> 00:10:15,782
rén kàn zhe ne
people see PCP QP
People can see us.
00:10:18,950 --> 00:10:19,990
nǐ shàng hòu miàn qù
you go up to the back go
Go to the back
00:10:20,825 --> 00:10:21,990
kuài qù a
quick go EF
00:10:36,075 --> 00:10:37,865
You bad boy
00:10:45,366 --> 00:10:46,407
00:10:57,700 --> 00:10:58,657
nǐ xiào shén me a
you laugh what EF
What are you laughing at?
00:11:00,866 --> 00:11:02,032
zhè me rè de tiān
so hot PAS day
It's so hot.
00:11:02,200 --> 00:11:05,657
quán táng shān jiù zán liǎng gān zhè shì ba
whole Tangshan just we both do this SP
We're probably the only ones in Tangshan doing this.
00:11:06,616 --> 00:11:07,490
Everyone must be hot,
00:11:07,658 --> 00:11:08,824
dōu shuì bù zháo
all sleep not PCP
So no one can fall asleep.
 lìng yī = another
(1) nà shì lìng yī huí shì (那是另一回事) = That's another matter.
(2) gōng sī zhǔn bèi zài lìng yī jiā yín xíng kāi hù (公司准备在另一家银行开户) = The company is going to open an account with another bank.
 dà tóu here refers to the big end of the melon seed
 liǎng rén shéi yě méi gēn shéi xué = both of them didn't learn from each other
Sentence pattern to indicate not doing something to each other: plural subject + shéi yě + negative modal + verb + shéi
(1) wǒ liǎng shéi yě bié fán zhe shéi (我俩谁也别烦着谁) = both of us don't bother each other
(2) wǒ liǎng shéi yě bié shuō shéi bù hǎo (我俩谁也别说谁不好) = both of us don't criticize each other
 nǐ yuè shuō yuè shén le = the more you talk the more fascinating it gets
(1) yuè shuō yuè shàng jìng ér (越说越上劲儿) = get more and more excited as one talks
(2) liǎng gè rén yuè shuō yuè níng (两个人越说越拧) = The more they talked,
tā liǎng = both of them
Compare to tā men = they. Tā liǎng is used when there are only two subjects
 zài wài tóu shòu rén qī fù = when they are outside the house, they are bullied
zài wài tóu = outside
(1) xià tiān wǒ cháng zài wài tóu shuì (夏天我常在外头睡) = In summer I often sleep outdoors
 shòu rén = to be subject to
 shàng huí = last time
Same as shàng cì
 bǎ rén xià sǐ literally means "scare people to death" but the meaning is "really scary"
 huái bù shàng = cannot get pregnant
huái shàng = get pregnant
(1) wǒ qī zǐ tā huái shàng le，zuó tiān qù yì yuàn jiǎn chá de。(我妻子她怀上了，昨天去医院检查的) = My wife is pregnant, yesterday she went to the hospital for a medical examination.
 wǒ jiù hěn zhī zú le = I am just very content
(1) néng yǒu wǎn guāng miàn chī, tā jiù jué dé hěn zhī zú (能有碗光面吃,他就觉得很知足) = He is quite satisfied even with only one bowl of plain noodles to eat.
(2) yī niǎo zài shǒu, shèng yú èr niǎo zài lín, shì shuō wǒ men yìng dāng duì yǐ yǒu de zhī zú, ér bù yìng yīn tān lán ér mòu shī qù de wēi xiǎn (一鸟在手,胜于二鸟在林,是说我们应当对已有的知足,而不应因贪婪而冒失去的危险) = A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush means that we should be content with what we have and not risk losing it by being greedy.
 huài dàn = bad egg
Used to tell somebody else that he is naughty or a scoundrel.
(1) díng zhù zhè gè huài dàn (盯住这个坏蛋) = Keep a close watch on the scoundrel.
(2) zhè huài dàn děi zhěng zhì yī xià ( 这坏蛋得整治一下) = That scoundrel needs to be punished.
 shuì bù zháo = cannot sleep
(1) bái tiān wǒ shuì bù zháo (白天我睡不着) = I cannot sleep in the daytime.
(2) zuó wǎn wǒ shuì bù zháo (昨晚我睡不着) = I couldn't sleep last night.